• IU School of Law-Bloomington alumnus Feisal Istrabadiis
Iraq’s ambassador to the United Nations. He is scheduled to
speak at the Moot Court Room, IUB School of Law, at noon on
Monday, Feb. 28. He was the principle drafter of Iraq’s interim
Read an archived transcript of an interview with Istrabadi
at this NewsHour with Jim Lehrer Web address:
• David Baker, chair of the Department of Jazz at the School of Music in Bloomington, received a 2004 Emmy award for writing eight compositions for the 2003 PBS film For Gold and Glory, about Indianapolis race car driver Charlie Wiggins in the 1920s. Baker’s retro-jazz score was complemented by the late Ossie Davis’ narration and Ruby Dee’s voice-over.
• In 2003-2004, SPEA faculty on the Bloomington campus brought in more than $4 million in grant and contract monies, covering a wide array of studies on the environment and in public affairs.
• The sixth annual IU Latina/Latino Leadership Conference is Saturday, March 5, at the Neal-Marshal Black Cultural Center in Bloomington. Students, faculty and staff from various campuses and perspectives will be examining issues facing Latino college students. For information, E-mail email@example.com or telephone 812-855-0174.
• The 2005 Indiana Collegiate Job Fair, sponsored by Indiana and Purdue universities, is scheduled Thursday, March 31, at the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis.